Wednesday, 7 November 2012

4 simple goals before 2013 - halftime update part II


Here is the second part of my 4 simple goals challenge update:

3. Make a home:
No progress here, I'm afraid. Still no pictures on the wall, still no cosy corners:-(. I'm thinking of starting a pinterest board to gather some inspiration, but I guess a homely home doesn't come overnight...


4. Improve Anchor & Sing:
I haven't actually started the Blog Love E-course yet, but I had a lot of other things on my to-do list that I wanted to implement anyway. I also got a few additional ideas from the 'Blogging for Creatives' book (see this post for a review).
So, here's a list of recent changes to the blog:

Added
- a search bar after reading the DIY Blog Redesign series from The Flourishing Abode.
- a Creative Commons License
- categories to my sidebar
- my twitter feed to the sidebar (I'm @anchorandsing if you would like to follow)
- a note to my comment form
I have also updated my blogroll and it's now revolving.

These are mostly really simple and small changes and yet, some of them took me forever! I guess Rome wasn't built in a day, but there's so much technological stuff to learn about when you're fairly new to blogging, it's quite mind-boggling. Anyway, I'll keep at it and hopefully you'll see some more exciting changes soon.

2 comments:

  1. ooh, that blogging for creatives book looks good! i've been all into these sorts of books lately, and am going to look it up on amazon now. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of the Blogging for Creatives book before. I'll have to check it out!

    As for making a home, I've found that it's easiest one little bit and piece and a time. Before you know it, you've got something that's beautiful and nearly finished! I love vinyl wall decals for decorating our rental.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!
(Comments are moderated & will not appear until after approval).