Thursday, 20 September 2012

4 simple goals (before 2013)

Fall has arrived in England. The days are getting shorter and darker, making me want to wear woolly knits and drink tea constantly. We're three Weeks into the semester at Harlaxton and I'm incredibly busy at work. Over the next couple of weeks, I'll be taking the students on four trips all over the UK. (I just checked my calendar and my next free weekend is four weeks away from now)!
So although I'm excited about the upcoming months, I also thought it would be a good idea to join Elsie's fun 4 simple goals challenge to stay motivated and get things done during this busy season.
Here are my four goals:

1. Read four books:
I spend so much time sitting in front of a computer screen every day that in the evening I'm oftentimes not in the mood for reading. I miss it! Since I'll be doing a lot of travelling over the next few months, I'm aiming at reading one book per month until the new year.

2. Knit something:
If ever there was a season for knitting, this is it! I'm not a prolific knitter by any means, but looking at pretty blogs like One Sheepish Girl makes me want to start a new project immediately!

3. Make a home:
Decorating is seriously tough for me. I moved into a lovely new flat about four months ago and haven't even hung a single picture! Granted, it's a fully furnished place that was lovingly decorated before my arrival, but I really want to make it a bit more homely and personal.

4. Improve Anchor & Sing:
I love learning new things and this blog needs some serious pimpin'! So, to get me started I ordered the Blog Love E-course from A Beautiful Mess and my goal no 4 is to complete the course before the end of this year!
What are your plans for this fall?

You can find an updates for this challenge here and here.

12 comments:

  1. Lovely! X

    Join our giveaway worth 326USD, http://www.benlovesting.com/2012/09/benlovesting-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ideas of simple goals for a new season. Might have to think about my own goals too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to hear how you got on with your e-course so I'm following.Rx

    sandersonsmithstory.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I haven't actually started yet, but I'll definitely let you know what I think about it later this year!

      Delete
  4. What a great list of goals! I need to add reading books to my list. :) Love your blog, and thank you for your comment on mine. :)
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great goals, and they sound a lot like mine! Right now I am in the middle of a book goal to read a book a week and I have NOT been doing well lately. I need to get back to it and work harder! It's tricky to balance knitting, reading, making a home, and blogging, because it's hard to do them all at the same time. :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you! One book a week is really ambitious! You might need to sneek the odd children's book in there, ha!
      I've come accross a lot of interesting reading challenges lately (like the Gilmore Girls book list or the BBC's best 100 books) and maybe I'll try one of those for next year - I'd love to read more classics!

      Delete
  6. These are lovely goals! I made a list for myself for things to do in the summer, you've reminded me to do this for the fall too! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Milynn, I feel I get so much more done when I have compiled an actual to-do list! Good luck with yours x

      Delete
  7. Hello Anke,
    Stumbled across your charming blog from Elephantine! I love the idea of just having 4 simple goals for 2013. Have you already chosen your 4 books? :)
    Ronnie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ronnie,
      Thanks for stopping by!
      These are actually 4 goals to be completed before 2013! Who knows what I'll come up with for the whole of next year!
      I have picked the books I want to read indeed and have already started with two of them. I'll do a little update on this challenge at the end of the month, so stay tuned!

      Delete
  8. Ooh a lovely idea! May have to do one myself :) xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!
(Comments are moderated & will not appear until after approval).