Thursday, 2 August 2012

Settling in

It's been over two months now since I moved into Harlaxton Manor. Living in a 200-year old listed building is an amazing experiencing and I still get all giddy whenever I drive towards the house and can make out its silhouette in the distance.
Settling in has been easy, especially now that I'm not getting lost as much as I used to in the beginning. Embarassingly enough, I had to be shown the laundry room three times before being able to locate it myself. These days however, I can confidently go exploring without having to worry about missing dinner, because I can't find my way out of a certain corridor.
Harlaxton is a little like Hogwarts - there are hundreds of rooms, secret passageways and other nooks and crannies - I could swear some of those staircases move! I haven't spotted a ghost yet, but who knows, they might just show up when you least expect them.
There are so many lovely details in the architecture and furniture of this place. I could take pictures for days.

3 comments:

  1. I'm quite jealous you get to live in London! Such gorgeous architecture everywhere!

    Look forward to 'brunching' with you tomorrow. So glad you can join our discussion!

    +
    Amy
    www.ParkerEtc.com / www.BlogBrunch.com
    @ParkerEtc / @BlogBrunch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy, I'm looking forward to it too! See you then.

      Delete

I love to hear from you!
(Comments are moderated & will not appear until after approval).