Thursday, 17 May 2012

What I love about England

I've been living in the UK for almost four years now and whilst there are a few things that I will never understand/that will always drive me crazy (the weather, the "bread", the state of most bathrooms), there are a lot of things I truly love. Here's a list:

Ben - (my boyfriend)
Wellington boots
Red buses
Summer picnics with pimms, strawberries & cupcakes
Ginger people + freckles
Tea (a cure for everything)
Flowery dresses
The BBC
Canals + boats
The English language and its dialects
The country side, ponies, sheep, people with dogs
Flexibility of the job market
Fish n Chips, Cream Tea, Cottage Pie, Eton Mess
London
Strange sports: Rugby, Netball, Polo, Cricket, Lacrosse
Theater
Old people who call you 'Love', 'Pet', 'Petal', 'Honey', 'Darling'
The Royals
Eccentric People (From Gok Wan to Boris Johnson)
Curry
Free museums
Charity shops

What do you love about the country you live in?

2 comments:

  1. I'm flyuing to London next month :) I love so many things about the country I live: the people, the sea, the mountains, the food

    Happy Friday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabulous, enjoy London! It's such a great city!

      Delete

I love to hear from you!
(Comments are moderated & will not appear until after approval).