Wednesday, 9 May 2012

A day with Frida

Yesterday, my parents and I drove to Schwäbisch Hall to see the exhibition 'Mexicanidad' which features paintings and sculptures from Frida Kahlo and other Mexican artists. I had really been looking forward to it, as I rarely get to go to galleries and museums in the UK.
My parents own a few books on Frida, but I wasn't really familiar with her art. I'm so glad we went though, as I was fascinated by her paintings and her life story. Seeing her pictures inspired me so much and really made me want to pick up a paint brush!
It was a beautiful day and we took the opportunity to have a little wander around the town. Good thing we did as it turned out to be a beautiful place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!
(Comments are moderated & will not appear until after approval).